If you can master tying a bow-tie then you can pretty much do anything. Practise makes perfect and while there is a specific technique (see below), at first it's like a sartorial puzzle worth solving.
1. Adjust the tie's length so it fits your neck; they are usually easily adjustable. Sizes are usually marked.
2. Lift up your shirt collar and put the tie around your neck so the ends hang down at the front. One end should hang 3.5-5cm (1.5 to 2 inches) lower than the other.
3. Bring the longer end across, behind and over the short end to form a simple knot. Pull snugly around the neck.
4. Fold the shorter end of the bow-tie at the widest point where the hourglass shape begins to narrow, to form a bow shape. The bow shape should be in front. Hold the bow in a horizontal position at your neck.
5. Bring the longer end of the Bow Tie over and in front of the shorter end.
6. Fold the longer end at the widest point to form a second bow and then bring this bow under the first bow.
7. There's a finger sized hole behind pull the second bow through this gap.
8. Adjust and tighten the bow by pulling the opposite ends until happy with the shape. If not happy start again.
That is how to Tie a Bow-Tie.